We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas airport transfers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dallas airport transfers

We will have 45 minutes to change flights the baggage will be checked through is this enough time between flights replies welcome thank you aussie

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Not enough information here: Is this a domestic flight to domestic flight transfer? If not, international to domestic or domestic to international? Makes a big difference.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 15:22
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Sorry it's Miami to Calgary united air lines via Dallas two flights as I said 40 minutes between flights. Thanks for your help Aussie

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Not trying to be difficult (so please forgive my asking), but are you sure about this routing? I ask because United Miami > Dallas stops in Houston. Dallas > Calgary also stops in Houston. So it would not make a whole lot of sense for you to be flying through Dallas. While you are checking, be sure to note carefully whether you are flying in AND out of DFW vs. DAL. These are two different Dallas airports, but ~30 minutes apart by cab. United flies from Houston into both.

All that aside, I would consider it pretty tight. Also, it will likely depend on whether you can show your passport & get your boarding pass for the 2nd flight before you board the 1st. That's a question for the Flytertalk forum....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Sorry Seb, its American Airlines goes from International airport Miami via Dallas i think it said Terminal D I could get a early flight with 1hour 20 minutes transfer. what would you sagest.have you any sagestions for flights Miami to Calgary.we are on a big bucket trip.

Oz to Dubai, London, New York bus 12 days to Miami fly to Calgary bus through Rockies to Vancouver cruise to Hawaii, New Zealand then home to Oz its is planned for 2014 you might say we are back tracking but we are meeting up with friends in Miami thanks for your help Aussie

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Glad we got that sorted! I would go with the longer gap between flights, the reason being that you will likely need to change terminals at DFW. Not hard to do, but best to leave time. Your flight to Calgary will probably leave from "D", but the Miami>DFW flight could land at any of 4 terminals (today so far, MIA arrivals at A, C, & D). I'd also suggest starting out as early in the day as you can. That way, if your flight into DFW is delayed (we get weather!), you'll have a shot at same-day seats on another flight to Calgary (this assumes tickets purchased together). Sounds like a very fun trip! Good luck.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Seb, thank you for your help and advice i will get a earlier flight this gives one hour twenty minutes transfer time. Trivia our media tv and newspapers are full on re Death of JFK . pity i should have included Dallas in my bucket list looks a great City.

have a good day Aussie

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dallas airport transfers

Just think of it as something save for your next trip! Safe travels...

8. Re: Dallas airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19