We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

Looking for a place near Plano or McKinney for a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people. Thinking Mexican or Italian. Would like a private room or separate area. Nothing to fancy, more casual. thanks, joyce

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

If you're not dead-set on Mexican or Italian, I'd suggest Whiskey Cake. The menu is nicely diverse, so they should be able to put together an appropriate menu/buffet for your need. It's on Dallas Pkwy (Dallas N. Tollway), just minutes from Frisco.

One caveat: it can get loud at peak hours - though they have semi-partitioned dining areas, they're open, one to the other. If your dinner will be during a warmer month, you may be able to use the patio????

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

Jasper's in Plano has a good private room (50 capacity). It's in a fun area too (The Shops at Legacy). It's not super fancy, but people do tend to dress up a bit. I'd say somewhere in between totally casual and fancy.

For something more casual and less expensive, the Mi Cocina restaurant at The Shops at Legacy has private dining capacity for 70. It's "upscale" enough to feel special for a rehearsal dinner. (Note there are at least two Plano locations for MiCo's, but I think the one at Legacy is the only one with that type of capacity).

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

There are quite a few Mi Cocinas around. You could find one convinient for everyone and see if they can accommodate your party.

Maggiano's also has space for a party like this.

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

Thanks for your help...gonna check out Mi Cocina at Legacy!!!!

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

We have a Jaspers in The Woodllands...I wonder if that is the same? Expensive...but good:)

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

Yes, It looks like Jasper's has a few locations - and one is the Woodlands. Gets great reviews.

Mi Cocina will most likely have the price point you are looking for. I wonder if they could set it up buffet style to keep the price down.

If you click on each location, it lists how many each restaurant can accommodate for a private party. Looks like Legacy is up to 70. www.micocinarestaurants.com/locations.html

7. Re: Where to have Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for 40 people??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19