We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown is on ;-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown is on ;-)

Well countdown is sort of on ( 3 months is close ) to my next Big D adventure, almost have my itinerary sorted,day 4 is my concern,im going to try and do Dallas arboretum,george w bush presidential library,possibly perot museum and highland park village , i enjoy museums but i dont like to spend over 2 hours in them, so i guess on those averages i will achieve all those sights ?

or should i drop one of those things out ? any advice is good advice, cheers guys

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countdown is on ;-)

GW's library takes about 2 hrs, which includes watching most of the videos. Outside of politics, he was an avid baseball fan. You'll see evidence of that with his baseball collection signed by many one-time greats - understanding you're likely unfamiliarity. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countdown is on ;-)

ive heard of babe ruth ;-)

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Countdown is on ;-)

:). Welcome back!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Countdown is on ;-)

I have been to the Perot twice and don't think I could do it in 2 hours- there is so much! If you go during the school year (kids are out here in late May), I suggest hitting it in the afternoon when school groups are heading back to class.

And the Arboretum is great, especially in the spring. You might do it in two hours but I suggest going to lunch at the Restaurant DeGolyer and sitting outside if it is nice weather.

5. Re: Countdown is on ;-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Dallas