We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress shopping for a Woman's size

Hooks, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Dress shopping for a Woman's size

Where do you recommend I find a nice dress for a wedding? I need a woman's size 18 or 20. The outlet malls seem to cater to teens. Is the Galleria my best bet? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

You are likely to do better at Northpark than the Galleria. For some obscure reason, the major stores (Macy's, Dillards, Nordstroms, even Neiman's) stock more of the nicer Women's size clothing at the former.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

Lane Bryant carries plus sizes exclusively. Check the website for locations around Dallas - there are several, some in malls, others not. If that doesn't work for you, then major clothing/department stores at Northpark or Galleria.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,634 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

you probably have an idea of what you want but you can certainly do some on line viewing before you hit the mall...it might save you some time

for ex. from above mentioned stores

dillards.com/shop/…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
374 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

Try Northpark mall. It has good stores and you don't have to mess with the construction on 635 (which the Galleria is on).

Hooks, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

Going to give Northpark a try. Now to find a free day to go.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

I've found Dillard's particularly tends to have more formal day and evening apparel. Also, they have great sales. I found a long black velvet skirt that goes with multiple tops for $20. Found several top sets all sparkly and pretty for less than $40. You may pay more for what you specifically want, but definitely bargains are to be found.

7. Re: Dress shopping for a Woman's size

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:18