We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 - 3 week stay in May or June 2014.... options?

Level Contributor
1,539 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
2 - 3 week stay in May or June 2014.... options?

Me and my wife are looking at staying in Dallas for 2 or 3 weeks this coming summer. We are basically coming to spend some time with our son who is enrolled at SMU and is staying close to the campus.

Can anybody suggest options for this stay? I am also looking at AirbNb as an option. Are service apartments available for this maximum 3 week stay?

Desired location would be close to the SMU area. We are however most likely to be renting a car for the entire stay, so mobility is not a problem.

One of our requirements could be to have a kitchen where we can cook our own meals. A basic small kitchenette would be just fine.

Thx in advance !

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 - 3 week stay in May or June 2014.... options?

Have your son to check through SMU (housing) for off-campus, short-stay, summer rentals - furnished, of course. I'm sure many of the nearby apartments find themselves with an abundance of vacancies through the summer months.

Otherwise, Residence Inn Central Expressway has a location a few miles north. RI Park Central isn't that much further. They offer small, but fully functional and equipped kitchenettes, a sitting room separate from a separate bedroom space. Some locations have a "studio" - 2 bedroom/2 bath with one bedroom/bath as an upstairs loft.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 - 3 week stay in May or June 2014.... options?

I remember seeing something on airbnb in the M Streets which is close to SMU.

3. Re: 2 - 3 week stay in May or June 2014.... options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:28