We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
spartanburg, south...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

Hi,

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza June 16 to 21, 2014 and will be traveling with 4 teenagers (2 young men, and 2 young ladies). I would like to know about some home cooking restaurants in the area. Is public transportation easily accessible or do we need to rent a car?

How safe is downtown Dallas? What activities would be great for our youth.

Thank you so much.

Brenda

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

The West End DART light rail/bus hub is just a block from the Crowne Plaza. You will see all kinds of people in that area from commuters and homeless to students and urbanites. You may get asked for money by a panhandler but as long as you are prepared and say a polite "no", everyone should be fine. As in any city, be aware of your surroundings, know where you are going and look that way- I go downtown by myself many times a year and feel safe.

Ellen's Southern Kitchen in the West End on Market is probably your best bet in the area for home cooking.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

Activities:

Kyle Warren Deck Park

Perot Museum

Sixth Floor

Holocaust Museum

Reunion Tower

Take the DART train to NorthPark for shopping

Ride the McKinney Avenue Trolly to sightsee and check out Uptown

American Airlines Center public tours (must book ahead)

spartanburg, south...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

Thank you so much. This helps me begin the planning.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

Also consider the Bush Presidential Library, and, if you are able to get to other places in DFW, the Stockyards in Fort Worth are fun, and you can do a tour of Cowboys Stadium (now the AT&T Stadium) in Arlington (between Dallas and Fort Worth).

5. Re: staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:26
Get answers to your questions about Dallas