We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in DFW

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in DFW

There has been a change in our itinerary (cancelled flight) and our group of four adults and two teenagers will have a four hour lay-over from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. one morning in June. Since we will all have probably grabbed only a cereal bar and coffee at that point I am looking for some place to have a long, leisurely sit-down breakfast. (Mimosas would be lovely! Ha!) Is there any such spot available? I'm afraid it's been a very long time since I've flown through there without having to rush directly to my connecting flight!

Thanks in advance...

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in DFW

I suggest taking the Grapevine Shuttle (Yellow Route) into downtown Grapevine's Main St - this shuttle is accessible via either of the two Hyatt properties within DFW. The easiest would be from the Grand Hyatt adjoining Terminal D (Take Skylink from other terminals and you will not have to pass back through security). The Hyatt Regency requires an outside hike. grapevinetexasusa.com/shuttle/…

http://www.dfwairport.com/skylink/

My favorite choice for an impressive, but hearty brunch is Main Street Cafe and Bread Baking Co (Yellow or Orange Route). It's small and a local favorite, so a wait tends to develop the later it gets into the morning. A secondary option is MiMi's Cafe in the Towne Center (Orange Route).

Renting a car would open a few other options, but other than that, choices would confine to the airport.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in DFW

If it fits the budget, the Grand Met in the Grand Hyatt in Terminal D where you can have that mimosa. Otherwise I'm not sure what's open for breakfast. TGI Fridays is a possibility. Here's a link to DFW restaurants

www.dfwairport.com/shops/finder.php…

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in DFW

Buzzbrews is also great,; Blue Mesa has a great breakfast/ brunch on weekends; Breadwinners is awesome and one of my favorites but can get very crowded on weekends if you do not get there early and I would advise looking up the closest locations of each restaurant to the airport. and taking a cab or Uber.com car service. Enjoy!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,459 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in DFW

I would opt for the restaurant inside the Grand Hyatt at terminal D - you will have to exit security and go back through after your meal.

Otherwise, a cab ride away is Main Street Bakery in Grapevine.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in DFW

I was in GV this morning and noticed Napoli (on Main st) is now open for b'fast - traditional, Benedict's, migas, frittatas. They're across from Main St Cafe/Bakery/Bistro, both of which serve Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, Poinsettas.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in DFW

I was in GV this morning and noticed Napoli (on Main st) is now open for b'fast - traditional, Benedict's, migas, frittatas. They're across from Main St Cafe/Bakery/Bistro, both of which serve Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, Poinsettas.

7. Re: Breakfast in DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:15