We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
34 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

Do any hotels near the airport offer a day-room for long layovers? This would be from around 9:00 am until 3:00 pm.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

I do not know of a special day rate, nothing like this is advertised in the airport. You could call the hotel/motels in the vicinity to see if they have a lesser rate for day use only. There are several properties around the airport with shuttle buses..

You can buy a day pass for the Admiral's Clubs for $50 per adult, children under 18 allowed with adult. Terminals A, B, C, and D have a club. A, B, and C are close to gates 23-26 (if I'm remembering correctly), and B is at gate 6 (a bit of a ways from gate 7). I believe it is A and D that have showers available and closed smoking lounges (amazingly, there is no scent of smoke in those clubs). They have work carrels with both computers and printers to which you can print items for free. There are no charges for some beers, wines, and liquors (things like Bailey's and special liquors are charged for), be sure to ask the bar tender for which items you will not be charged. The clubs have lots of TVs, and reading materials. There is a children's play area (glass walled closed room like the smoking lounges), but I don't remember which clubs have them. All the clubs have snacks such as cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, snack chips, etc. You can go to any terminal's Admiral's Club, as well as use it all day long in any other airport that has a club..

aa.com/i18n/…es_ES

Terminal E has a United Club there, but I know nothing about their amenities and fees.

There is also the option of this private club concept that has their own club in Terminal D and apparently shares the United Club in Terminal E. Their cost is a $99 fee annually and $27 per day for actual use at a club. They have 600 clubs world wide. On their website it indicates they have clubs at the following US airports.

Atlanta Airport Lounges Houston Airport Lounges Miami Airport Lounges

Chicago Airport Lounges JFK Airport Lounges Orlando Airport Lounge

Dallas Airport Lounges Las Vegas Airport Lounges San Diego Airport Lounges

Denver Airport Lounges Los Angeles Airport Lounges

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/index.cfm

Edited: 27 May 2014, 20:25
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

I agree with Chrystin hotel will charge you a full days rate just not worth it for 6 hours I rather walk around the airport .

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

Thanks for the links ChrystinP.. Making a couple of flights this year so i checked them out. The private club has an odd wrinkle--3 hour max stay...seems to defeat the reason for going in there..comfort for long layover

Again ...thanks

Edited: 01 June 2014, 01:47
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

To my knowledge there is no maximum allowed time at an Admiral's Club and I've hung out in them for hours (much more than three).

Note that the Dallas airport has some great shopping, places to get a massage, stylists, all kinds of restaurants, so if you don't want to spend the $ for an Admiral's Club membership, you can find lots to do at the airport.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

One thing that worked for me, instead of getting a day room, I bought a day's access to the Grand Hyatt gym/pool. For $30, I got to sleep poolside in a chaise lounge, shower in their VERY clean locker room, and make use of the other amenities. Considering the prices Minute Suites are charging for an hour of rest and a shower, I thought the Hyatt worked out well. Of course, the poolside option is subject to the weather. Also, they don't open it to non-overnight guests until 9am.

6. Re: Hotel Day Rooms at DFW?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:15