We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sisters week in Texas

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
34 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Sisters week in Texas

My sister and I will be in Texas for a week July 25 thru to August 1, we are taking her son to basketball camp in Arlington then have some girl time. We were down two years ago did the Dallas and Fort Worth tourist things we had an awesome time, then went to San Antonio and back thru Austin, we would like to go some where different for a few days suggestions.. would be most welcome.

Segway Nation Dallas
City Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
Discover Dallas Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
Dallas City Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Are you wanting suggestions on things to see in Dallas? If so, I'd suggest the Perot Museum and the Klyde Warren Park, as they are pretty new. And I reluctantly will suggest the Bush museum on SMU's campus but I have not been there. Trinity Groves in Oak Cliff is worth checking out. Not really sure what you're asking for in your post...

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
34 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sisters week in Texas

We are looking to go some where else besides, Dallas Forth Worth, Austin or San Antonio for a couple of days and were wondering what direction to go were we may see something that is not a museum.

Level Contributor
240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Go down toward Houston and Galveston. I know that Galveston is not the prettiest beach in North America, but all in all, it is a great place to visit. There is much to see and do in the area or a great place to do nothing. It's about a five hour drive from Dallas depending on where you start and the time of day.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 00:00
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Perhaps you would like to venture outside the cities. Glen Rose is a nice small town southwest of Ft. Worth. Nice square, some good restaurants, good lodging choice. Nearby are Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and Dinosaur Valley State Park. If the budget allows, stay at Rough Creek Lodge. Hard Eight in Stephenville a few miles away has great barbecue. Hico, a few miles down the road, has the Koffee Kup, Wiseman Chocolates and some nice shops including antiques. The area is mainly hilly, pretty ranch land.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,473 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sisters week in Texas

some other smaller noteworthy towns...Fredricksburg, Salado, Wimberly, Gruene, Marble Falls area

north of Dallas is McKinney

www.texashighways.com

articles and events by region

Edited: 04 June 2014, 06:11
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sisters week in Texas

I like Texhills suggestion of Glen Rose. There is plenty to do. If Rough Creek is too pricey, you could stay in a safari tent at Fossil Rim - they have a/c. Also there is the Brazos Drive In in Granbury.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
373 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Glen Rose is lovely, as are some of the smaller towns down through the Hill Country..... the problem is that the weather generally sucks in DFW and anywhere south of DFW that time of year. You might also think about heading out to Arkansas or Oklahoma -- cities are not as big, but they have better weather/nature that time of year (not that that's saying very much....). Or if you really want to get away, hop on a plane, and you can go just about anywhere!

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
34 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Thanks we are hopping on the plane to go to Texas, I think we are strongly considering Galveston

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sisters week in Texas

Stop in Kema as well on the way to Galveston!

10. Re: Sisters week in Texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:15