We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas or Tyler

Mississippi
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Dallas or Tyler

My mother, my 11 year old daughter, my 10 year old niece, and I will be in Tyler on July 29. We are trying to find some things for the kids to do. We are planning to go to the American Girl store in Dallas on the 30 or 31. What is the best route? What is the best time to travel? I don't like traffic! Also, should we stay in Dallas or Tyler? What is there to do in Tyler if we stay there? Where is a good place to stay?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas or Tyler

See my reply on your other thread.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas or Tyler

Tyler has the Caldwell zoo. Also, Brookshires museum is fun and free. It doesn't take a lot of time, though. Brookshires fresh is a fun grocery store lol.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas or Tyler

Tyler has the Caldwell zoo. Also, Brookshires museum is fun and free. It doesn't take a lot of time, though. Brookshires fresh is a fun grocery store lol.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas or Tyler

It seems like Tyler attractions are being pretty well covered in the other thread.

That said, if you choose to stay in Dallas, I usually find pretty good deals on the Le Meridien Galleria and Westin Galleria, which are both very near to the American Girl store. In fact, the American Girl store is just steps away from the entrance to the Westin. There is definitely enough to do in/near Dallas to justify an overnight stay.

5. Re: Dallas or Tyler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16