We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Irving?

nj
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moving to Irving?

My company just notified me that they'd like me to relocate to Texas. If I decide to take the position I'll be working in Irving.

I won't be looking to buy right away because I want to make sure it works out there for me. I was looking at apartments in Irving in the Valley Park area. How is it over there? Would somewhere else be better?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Irving?

I have no idea where the Valley Park area is. Irving as a general rule is a nice area. Definitely rent an apartment before buying, particularly if you've never spent any time in this area. If you're looking for a suburban atmosphere then you'll be happy with Irving. It's not too distant from Dallas or Fort Worth.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Irving?

Did you mean Valley Ranch? It has many apartments and is close to the Las Colinas area. I work near 161 and Beltline, it's an easy commute from Valley Ranch. The older parts of Irving are not so nice.

3. Re: Moving to Irving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:19