We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highlights for weekend girls trip?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
3 posts
Save Topic
Highlights for weekend girls trip?

Hello! I am traveling to Dallas April 12-15th in a group of 4 women in our early 30s. We have never been to Dallas and hope to see some of the highlights, eat good Mexican food, and relax. Any suggestions on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highlights for weekend girls trip?

There have been several posts about this same basic topic fairly recently. These two link might serve as a jumping off point to get some ideas

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55711-i141-k78448…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55711-i141-k93390…

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highlights for weekend girls trip?

Also, if you'll be here a Sunday morning...You may want to try a brunch somewhere like Amuse. Eight dollar bottomless mimosas.

There are so many place in the Dallas area that offer wonderful brunches.

(it's across from Gilleys and has a great view)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highlights for weekend girls trip?

How about great Mexican food??? Try Herrara's on Maple Ave., just north of downtown & east of I-35 a few blocks. It's BYOB and very good food. Classic hole-in-the-wall. Also north of there is Ojada's, which is also great. If near Deep Ellum, try Sol's Taco Lounge (you don't have to go way into Deep Ellum to get to Sol's, it's on the edge of DE), near Good-Lattimer & Commerce. Great Margaritas & always great food. Next door to Sol's is our favorite place, Adair's Saloon. Always a great time, live bands every night of the week, better bands on Fri. & Sat. Good place to start off the evening. Also a classic 'joint', great crowd.

If on McKinney, try S&D Oyster Bar for (mostly fried) N.Orleans style seafood & gumbo, raw oysters, etc. Also good, & very close to S&D, is Truluck's.

4. Re: Highlights for weekend girls trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 02:19