We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

hello

I have booked a hotel in Fort Worth, what is the % tax rate to be added to room cost ?

The hotel is on Beach Street, roughly how much would a taxi cab be to the Stockyards ? Approx 8.5 miles

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

Call the hotel for the specific amount, but State + local tax = maximum 8.25%

window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/local/index.html

Taxi Rates: http://www.dallasyellowcab.com/rate.html

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

Hotel occupancy taxes are actually not the same as sales taxes. While the sales tax in Texas is limited to a total of 8.25%, hotel occupancy taxes can be as high as 15% when you combine the state hotel occupancy tax (6%) with the maximum allowed city occupancy tax (currently 9%, I think). It's probably best to check with the hotel though because tax rates vary by locality, and could be different if you are within the city limits of Ft. Worth vs some other jurisdiction.

Edited: 04 January 2011, 18:19
Texas
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

I checked my receipt from my November stay at the Renaissance Worthington in Fort Worth for you. I paid 15% tax on each night (to be more specific it was 6% state tax and 9% city tax nightly). Hope this helps!

4. Re: hotel tax rate for Fort Worth and taxi cab cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 05:17