We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

I want to visit the Stock SHow and the Stockyards while in Fort Worth. What would be the best options for a good hotel close to both?

thanks!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

The problem you run into this close to the opening of the Stock Show is that most close by hotels have been booked by participants and exhibiters. You could definitely check with individual hotels but a quick survey of the downtown and hotels close to the area show no availability.

I would look in two areas- the cluster off of I-20 in the area called Cityview and east Fort Worth in Hurst (we really like the Hyatt Place in Hurst). Both of these areas have a cluster of chain hotels that are reasonably priced. I would probably check out the ones in CItyview first because over toward the Mid-Cities (North RIchland Hills, Hurst, Bedford, Euless), the construction on Hwy 183 (Airport Freeway) makes it quite a challenge. Good luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

One more question, since we will be driving in from DFW, would a hotel at the Stockyards be convenient? How far of a drive is it from there to the Stock SHow?

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

Not sure when you will visit, but a check on kayak.com shows plenty of rooms in Ft. Worth the next two weekends. Hotels downtown are about equally convenient to Will Rogers Coliseum and the Stockyards. Normally it is about a 15 minute drive between the two, but allow longer for the stock show traffic.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 03:13
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

Thanks for catching that, texhills- I had put the wrong dates in my search. Much will depend on when you plan to be in FW. The 1st and 2nd weekends tend to be the busiest.

I agree that the downtown hotels are the way to go, if you can find what you like in your price range. Here's a link to Sundance Square that will give you the names of most downtown options. We have liked the Worthington, Etta's Place, Embassy Suites, Townplace Suites. The Omni is fairly new, large and elegant.

http://www.sundancesquare.com/

There is also a cluster of hotels at I-30 and University. These tend to fill up quickly with exhibiters for the Stock Show. Springhill Suites, Fairfield, Courtyard are all properties in this area. The Residence Inn Cultural District is a very good choice for location.

And to answer your other question, tanfan, if available, one of the two hotels in the Stockyards would be within driving distance, Plus it is a great area to explore as well. We really like the Hyatt Place. Fortunately, Fort Worth is an easy town to drive in and no area is all that far from the WIll Rogers Coliseum.

5. Re: Hotels for Stock Show and Stockyards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:26