We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

We are visiting Fort Worth on vacation from the UK from

4th-9th September 2012.

My girl friend has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and

must have a Gluten free diet. It was just diagnosed last month

so we are just getting adjusted to it.

With this in mind I would be grateful for your help.

We would appreciate any tips or recommendations for

Fort Worth eating places.In addition we would appreciate

any general tips for gluten free eating in the USA

in general.

Thank you in anticipation for your assistance.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Hmmm, I know Spiral Diner, Jazz Cafe and Fuzzy taco shop have veg friendly choices but Im bot sure on Gluten-free. It does seem like the two often go hand in hand. My recommendation would be to google gluten free restaurants Ft Worth and see what pops up. I know it's a wheat free diet but Ive heard its not as simple as avoiding bread and pasta so I'm really not sure-Im sorry!

Some of my favorites that might work: Benitos for guacemole, pico de gallo and corn tortillas. Uncle Julios for fajitas. Central Market is an upscale grocery store with cafe that should have gluten free and has a great patio and free live music thurs-sat. Olivers fine foods in downtown.

I hope some of these work out for yall!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Some Celiacs will not/can not eat anything that was prepared in/on a surface that has been in contact with gluten products. If your girlfriend is NOT in that category.....

My father is Celiac and while an inconvenience, he has found that most (city) restaurants will accommodate a special diet with a call to the manager a day/few hours ahead of your arrival at the restaurant. Be certain to ask for the manager and get his/her name at time of calling with your request. This includes the nicer chains. (Some genres, ie Italian, may be hard pressed due to primary inclusion of pasta). He has never had a problem with Mexican-Tex/Mex - just be sure to ask that corn tortillas are always used instead of flour tortillas. Thai is usually not a problem (rice noodles) nor is BBQ.

Here is a link to a Dallas/Fort Worth list, but always call in advance to verify their "friendly" attitude to gluten-free. urbanspoon.com/t/13/1/Dallas-Fort-Worth/Glut…

Fort Worth only - urbanspoon.com/tn/13/1/47296/Dallas-Fort-Wor…

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Spiral Diner does indeed offer gluten-free choices on their menu (but note their disclaimer about shared kitchen equipment) ...

spiraldiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/A…

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,901 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

There are a few places with dedicated g/f menus. Pei Wei (an Asian chain) has one and Mi Cocina (a local Tex Mex chain) also.

I'm not celiac, but tend to eat a g/f diet - I eat a lot of Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese. Chinese is tricky since many items are tossed in flour then fried (plus some still use msg). Also Tex Mex is easy if you choose corn tortillas over flour tortillas - enchiladas and tacos.

Also look here: www.dfwceliac.org/html/restaurants.html You will see many national chains on this list.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Thank you everyone for your help and the useful "links".

I am sure we will be OK and your advice was very helpful.

Thanks again.

Fort Worth, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

You might also try the Cafe at the Modern Art Museum in the Cultural District of Fort Worth. They list certain dishes as being either "gluten-free" or "can be prepared gluten-free." The food is great there, and the views are excellent.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
119 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

Thank you Danny S,We will certainly call at the Cafe on our visit to the

museum.

8. Re: Gluten Free Restaurants in Fort Worth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Fort Worth
Recent Conversations