We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

Looking for a hotel that is somewhat close to the speedway. Doesn't have to be "on property" but within maybe 10 miles. Good, clean, safe area and close to highway. If anything north of Ft Worth not South. (Okla)

Don't have to have luxury but something like Hamptons, Fairfields, even Microtel if new.

Your suggestions are appreciated. :-)

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

Here is a link from the TMS website. If it were me and I was just coming for the race only, I would stay north of the track. Traffic tends to be on the lighter side coming and going from that direction. If I wanted to do things in Ft. Worth, I'd stay south of the track, north Ft Worth, 820, I35 area, and there are lots of restaurants at the I-35/Western Center Blvd area. There are some attractions towards Southlake and Grapevine, Hwy 114 with lots of places to eat. I don't know the Denton area as well, but there plenty of places to eat up there.

Having been to many races over the years... Some years traffic is better than others, with no rhyme or reason.

I wouldn’t be afraid to stay in any of these hotels.

texasmotorspeedway.com/Visitor-Guide/Travel/…

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

I would look to Denton for a good variety of hotels that meet your criteria. Roanoke is a little closer, but pickin's are slim. Moving east on 114, Southlake will be more expensive and Grapevine has extreme highway construction on 114 which will surely be a disaster on race weekend. tripadvisor.com/…T_CAT_HOTEL_MOTEL

For eats - close to the speedway, Roanoke would be your best bet with a variety of restaurants and very moderate prices. (rec: Babes Chicken Dinner House, Twisted Root Burger, Cowboy Chow) www.roanoketexas.com/ContentTemplate.aspx…

Like bigwillie, I'm not overly familiar with Denton, but it being a college town, has good restaurant variety also - both independent and major chains. (From experience at sister locations in Grapevine, rec: Fuzzy's Taco's, Napoli's (Italian), Weinberger’s Deli (Chicago style), Palio's Pizza) urbanspoon.com/n/…Denton-restaurants

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

Thank you guys for your info, I do appreciate it.

I should have mentioned, we aren't going to a NASCAR race, but to a car show there this weekend. So it won't be as busy as a race weekend.

But all your info helps a great deal. Have a great day!

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

I would suggest the best western in the fossil creek area in north fort worth. It's a short, straight drive right up i35 to the track. …bestwestern.com/bestwestern/…

Edited: 31 May 2012, 14:02
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

We stayed at the Best Western Fossil Creek for the races last weekend. We had stayed there once before a couple of years ago and thought it was fine. So we booked again this time and it was awful. Don't know if they have changed hands since our earlier stay or not, but we will never stay there again. The shower/tub is awful, (non-stick surface was peeling at the edge and mold was visible beneath it), the mattress and pillows are on the decline, the coffeemaker in the room was busted, the toilet paper and facial tissue was the most horrid, cheap "newspaperish" product I've ever encountered anywhere, elevator is noticeably slow and the breakfast isn't nearly as good as before. In fact, there were 3 coffee pots on the rack around 8:00 a.m., and every one of them was empty. Breakfast bread, boiled eggs, creamer, milk, etc., had not been replenished. I had to go ask the MANAGER to make some coffee because we could hear the other 2-3 staff members partying it up down the hall. When we voiced our dissatisfaction to the manager upon check-out, he merely grinned, shrugged and said "the customer is always right"..... no "I'm sorry", no NOTHING, just smirking and shoulder shrugs. Something's going waaaaay wrong with that place and we will never return. And they obviously don't give a hoot.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

That really is a shame, to have a previously good property go bad. Please be sure to post a review.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

cherryripe-you definitely need to write a review on here about your stay AND write a letter to the corporate office as well.

Attitudes like that I'm sure they want to hear about. It's just not right!

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

My review of the BW Fossil Creek has now been published. I plan to write to the Corporate Office as well.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

Good! :-)

10. Re: hotels near Texas Motor Speedway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:16