We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

New York City
Level Contributor
151 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

Heading to DFW in late March, looking for authentic honkey tonk experience..i.e., line dancing,etc etc...Stockyards in FW? Wheres a good place for this? I know itll be touristy, but we are tourists. Also the same for Dallas...heading there for a nite or two as well. Also, what time do the bars/honkey tonks close down there? Any recommendations greatly appreciated....

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

Dallas has Adairs on Commerce in Deep Ellum....right between 8 Track Museum (you have to call and make an appointment to see the collection) and Cane Rosso for great Neopolitan pizza.

If you want to go out to the country and see the real deal - go east of Dallas about 30 minutes to Southern Junction.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

I'm not a two-stepper or a line dancer, so no comments from 1st hand experience - but out of curiosity, I did a google search expecting to see Billy Bob's and White Elephant Saloon (both Stockyard landmarks) to pop up. Nope, but Pearl's Dance Hall and Saloon did - also in the Stockyards. yelp.com/biz/…22

Either way, you want to make time (morning/afternoon/evening) for a visit to the Stockyards.

Edited: 03 February 2013, 15:29
Texas
Level Contributor
505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

I have been to Pearls and White Elephant many times, and both are good choices. Pearls is usually an older crowd. Both have live bands on the weekends. Both are historic, White Elephant had a shoot out in the bar. I have never seen line dancing. Billy Bobs has big acts in a big building and is more touristy.

ARLINGTON, TX
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

Cowboys Arlington

http://www.cowboysdancehall.com/Arlington/

Going strong.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

Definitely the Stagecoach Ballroom on Belknap in Fort Worth. It's one of the oldest C&W "dives" in town and remains wildly popular. They even teach line dancing there.

http://www.stagecoachballroom.com/

Edited: 04 February 2013, 16:36
texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

I would have to say Billy Bob's for dancing. The White Elephant is a great place to grab

a beer and listen to local country artists but the dance floor is super small!!

Edited: 16 March 2013, 00:02
7. Re: Fort Worth/Dallas Honkey Tonks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:18