We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

PA
Level Contributor
384 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

i am traveling to the dallas/fort worth area for work in two weeks (middle of august; i'm sure the weather will be great! ha!) i have very limited time but plan to make the most of it. basically i have two different days--a wednesday and a saturday--where i am free after 3pm; my flight lands at 2 on wednesday and i'm done with work at 2 on saturday (and am not flying out until the next morning). what would be the best way to make use of my time? i realize i can't do any museum-y things at this hour. i've looked at the stockyards in fort worth and that looks kind of fun. i'm into food, culture, and anywhere photo-worthy (really, i'd be happy just walking around and pointing my camera at things both evenings, with nice meal thrown into the mix--but i need to know where to do this). and i may want to buy some boots (you know, like everyone else who comes to texas? i already own two pairs but i've never been to an actual western wear STORE; i buy them online). how should i spend my VERY limited time? i will have a car. thanks!

edit: as part of my work trip, i'm already going to a rangers game on friday night. so that part of fun is covered.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 00:12
Texas
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

Glad you had a good trip. I like Grapevine too. The walking and hiking trails around Lake Grapevine are nice, although January and February probably isn't the best time for them. If the weather is okay though, you might check them out if you enjoy the outdoors.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

I'm happy you enjoyed your time in Grapevine (as a resident, I'm a little partial!). Hopefully your return will be as enjoyable and the highway construction will provide you a better experience as the multi-year project sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

PA
Level Contributor
384 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

oh my--that's been going on for YEARS? yikes. fortunately we stopped in at some restaurant--saltgrass?--and the bartender told us a back way to get to the high way. and the desk person at the hilton drew me a little map to the airport the back way too (so glad i didn't encounter that closure the morning of my departure--i'd have missed my flight!) see what i mean about nice people?

14. Re: dallas/fort worth business trip: fun on limited time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:17