We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

Hi,

We are due to visit Fort Worth and would like a visit to the rodeo - it will be a Saturday evening.

After looking at the Stockyards website, could anyone tell us if it is worth paying the extra for either a box or VIP seat?

And if Billy Bobs has a concert the same night, will we be able to get to that after the rodeo has finished?

Don't want to miss anything, if we can help it !!

Thanks.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

There are a couple of seat comments in these reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/ka87ugd

Go to Google Images and put Stockyards Rodeo in search box and you can see the seating area is not far away whereever you sit. Just my 2cents!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

My experience at the rodeo has been to sit in general admission. It is a small venue and you won't miss a thing.

Depending on who is playing at Billy Bob's that night, you might not be able to get a ticket to sit at a table at the concert. However, if you just want to listen for awhile, you can pay your basic admission and still hear the music. There are a few acts that almost always sell out (Willie, Asleep at the Wheel) but for lesser known performers you may be able to walk up and get seating.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

Get GA tickets and arrive 30 minutes early. You'll be able to sit in the middle of the coliseum immediately behind or close to the box seats with a good view. As poodleone says it isn't a full size rodeo arena so everything happens fairly close to the audience.

The VIP section is at the opposite end from the gates for bull and bronc riding. Most of the action in those events takes place near the gate so VIP tickets actually have the farthest view. Other gates are located immediately below the VIP section where the calf roping events begin. . I doubt if there is any view of the start of that. Also the layout of the barrel race event puts two of the barrels in the middle of the arena so middle seats have the best views. Frankly I wouldn't sit up in the VIP area if it was general admission price.

Box seats have no advantage to most GA seats in the coliseum in my opinion in terms of the view. The seats are padded if that makes a difference. If you go box seats avoid the last row which to me appears to be an aisle that they decided to put seats in. The people occupying those seats have to deal with people using it as an aisle anyway.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sounds like a really good evening!

5. Re: VIP seats v General Admission at Stockyards Rodeo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:19