We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas or Fort Worth

Orlando Lover in...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dallas or Fort Worth

Hello There.

I am looking for ideas for my 40th. Here is my question.

I love the history of Dallas

But I love cowboys and horses and cattle drives

I am also wanting to visit Parker for Southfork. How far is this away from Dallas or Fort Worth. I am not bothered about shopping apart from a pair of proper cowboy boots and a proper stetson.

Do both have good resturants and bars etc. I am not a clubing type of person but love nothing better than sitting in a bar in the evening watching people and the world go by.

Many Thanks

Helen x

Fort Worth, Texas...
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dallas or Fort Worth

I would recommend Fort Worth based on your preferences.

My favorite restaurant in Fort Worth is Tim Love's Woodshed on the Trinity River. Get the beef or pork ribs.

The Stockyards can be fun, but a bit touristy. There are some great shops in the area, especially if you have the money for some handmade boots from Leddy's.

12. Re: Dallas or Fort Worth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:22