We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malone's- Bestof 2013

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Malone's- Bestof 2013

I know I am a little late mentioning this but I think it is so cool that Malone's (on Calhoun downtown) was named best jukebox (the real thing, not digital) and best place to go for a nightcap. Glad to see a long time establishment get some recognition.

I have always enjoyed the Fort Worth Weekly and the yearly "Best of" edition. It so often brings my attention to lesser known places and venues.

TX
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malone's- Bestof 2013

Although, honestly - this one surprises me a bit! Malone's has always struck me as a smokey hole-in-the-wall (not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that), and I would never have pegged it for the best place in Fort Worth to have a nightcap. Still - agree that it's nice to see a long-time bar recognized, as opposed to the numerous "slick / hipster" bars that have opened within the past several years around town.

Now ... did they recognize VIP's on White Settlement Road? ;-D

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malone's- Bestof 2013

I think Malone's is smoke free

TX
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malone's- Bestof 2013

Really? I had no idea - although granted, it has been awhile since we were there. I'm now wondering if a certain bartender still works there. He's a really nice guy and is an excellent photographer. The hubby nad I might just have to stop in again soon and check it out.

4. Re: Malone's- Bestof 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:18