We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do we stay in Fort Worth but still get to tour Dallas?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydenham, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How do we stay in Fort Worth but still get to tour Dallas?

I am planning to go to Dallas/Fort Worth next June for George Strait's final concert with two girlfriends. We are trying to figure out where to stay. We will only be in town for about 4 days, and would like to go to Fort Worth to experience the culture there, go to Billy Bobs etc, but we would also like to take a tour of Dallas, go to the 6th floor museum, maybe even go to Southfork. Should we plan to spend a couple of nights in Fort Worth then move to Dallas for a night? We are hoping to not have to rent a car.

Right now we are tentatively planning to fly in early in the day Thursday and fly home Sunday. Friday night we want to be in Fort Worth, Saturday is the concert in Arlington and I am guessing it will start early as there are a lot of people playing.

I have a feeling from other comments I read that we won't be able to take transit on Sunday from Fort Worth to Dallas, so maybe we should head to Dallas first day, do our tours, then head to Fort Worth and stay put there until it is time to fly home? Any suggestions?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,869 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do we stay in Fort Worth but still get to tour Dallas?

You are correct about transit between Fort Worth and Dallas- the Trnity Railway Express (TRE) does not run on Sunday. SO- I think your plan to visit Dallas on Friday is a good one. Either stay in Dallas one night then transfer over to Dallas or (my choice) just check in to FW hotel Thursday nighr and ride the train over on Friday for your Dallas tour.

2. Re: How do we stay in Fort Worth but still get to tour Dallas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17