We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

My husband and I want to have a quick get away in either Fort Worth or Dallas and I'm trying to find a good area. We are driving from Oklahoma so we will have a car. Basically looking for a nice hotel with a decent pool, but we want it in an area that has some nightlife.. More bars than clubs.

Currently looking at the Omni or the Marriot Courtyard in Fort Worth, would we be able to walk to some bars from there at night?

I also looked in Uptown Dallas but everything is so $$$ and fancy, and the bars were pretty crowded from what I remember. Any other hotels in Dallas that we could walk to some night life?

I've had a hard time finding exactly what I want:

pool (outdoor)

walkable/close nightlife & food

balcony (plus)

all under $200/night

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

Take a look at TownePlace Suites in downtown Fort Worth.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

I like the west 7th area and there is a Marriott of some variety over there. Lots of dining and bar options in easy walking distance. It's across from Montgomery Plaza and down from Foche St and the new shopping/dining/apt complex on west 7th. Great food of all types and plenty of drinks to be had there. I prefer this area over Sundance square myself.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

The Residence Inn Fort Worth Museum District is in a good area but the pool isn't one of my favorites.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

I agree with Beachbumaggie. West 7th in Fort Worth is close to the arts district and has plenty of dining and bar options. They have a facebook page (west 7th Fort Worth) if you want to check out upcoming events as well as a web page ( west-7th ). I would focus my hotel search around this area.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

Stay in downtown ft worth and you can walk to bars, restaurants and not as crowded. Also, take a trip to the famous stockades.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

Heather has already been to FW and gone.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

you mentioned the omni, i would go with that!!

8. Re: Short trip to Fort Worth/Dallas for Memorial day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16