We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bryan, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Things to do

My husband and I are going to Galveston May 5-May 8 in celebration of our 2 year anniversary. I was wondering if anyone could offer some info on any of the fishing charters (we don't want to rent a whole boat, just want to go on a group trip) and also any info good or bad, where to find etc anything about the ghosts tours available. I read something about them but it didn't have much info...Any other suggestions for fun would be great!! Thanks!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do

A lot of fishing charters leave out of Freeport. I don't have any details , not a fisher, but I know a lot of people go out of Freeport.

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do

I live close to Freeport.. you'd take Blue Water Hwy out of Galveston toward San LUis pass to the Freeport area... the boat is called Captain Elliott's..... but there must be some in the Galveston area to avoid the drive over (about 45 minutes to an hour)... have you tried the Galveston Visitors Center??? I think they have a website.. As for fun.. Moody Gardens... Rainforest Cafe.. tour of the BIshops Palace??? The Strand for shopping and eating during the day.. and don't miss Guido's for dinner.. on the Seawall.... dh

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do

You don't have to go to Freeport or San Luis Pass. You can go right down to pier 19 and take http://www.galvestonpartyboatsinc.com/

This is who my family has used for years. My dad calls them personally when he is ready to plan and gets the fishing reports from these guys, they are great and very friendly. You will have alot of fun! Just take some Bonine in case you get seasick. You can do a short trip (4 hours?) or a long trip (8 hours?).

I have never taken a ghost tour in Galveston but that would be fun, here is a link with all of their tours, http://www.galveston.com/guidedtours/

Make sure you take the trolley, it will help you to get your beargings around the island. Although I love the beach and the Seawall area, my heart stays in the historic district. It is gorgeous and there are so many beautiful historic homes to see. Make sure you plan several hours for the Strand. If you like Mexican, eat at the Original Mexican Cafe on the corner of Market Street and 14th Street. Great margaritas and close to the downtown historic district. The Bishop's palace is a great thing to see, Moody Mansion also.

Have fun!

4. Re: Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:19