We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
465 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

We will be cruising out of Galveston in August and need recommendations on where to stay for a day or two beforehand.

We'll have two 17-year-old boys in the group, and we're hoping they can have some fun in the sun. So we're thinking either somewhere w/in walking distance of the beach, or maybe Moody Gardens.

Also, the ladies in the group would like to get a mani/pedi and maybe a massage or body treatment. The spa doesn't have to be at the same hotel, just convenient and nice.

Thanks in advance!

~CP

San Antonio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

I kind of hate to say it, but Moody Gardens really would fit the bill for you. The pool is nice, there's a lot of stuff to do in the pyramids, there's a big full-service spa right there...

I say that I hate to say it because it's so big and so generic and it doesn't really have a Texas or even a Galveston flavor. That being said, it IS a nice hotel with a lot of amenities.

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

I'd vote for the San Luis Hotel , Moody is not on the beach and requires driving... for the same money, the San Luis is on Sea Wall Blvd, has the great restuarants close to it, and the beach across the street.. I'm sure there is a Spa, if not, they would surely be able to hook you up.. .another choice might be the Galvez.... but it has more of an antique flair and the rooms are smaller... both places are very nice... I think your older guys would enjoy being on SeaWall more than stuck out at Moody... just a thought..

dh

Lake Jackson, Tx.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

What about a hotel near Schliterbahn?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

Moody Gardens is close. Or check out Bob and Donna's by the Sea. Here's the link.

galveston.com/includes/…

Gina's is a great little Italian place to eat. Seafood places on the strand are good but expensive.

5. Re: Pre-cruise stay w/ teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Galveston