We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Schlitterbahn in Galveston

We have never gone to Schlitterbahn & was wondering how it compared to Astroworld's Waterworld. Are the lines really long? I looking at bring older teengers 17, 18, 21, 22.

Thanks for info

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Have been many times to the one in New Braunfels.. love it...am going this weekend to the one in Galveston, so will post when i get back... I've heard it's very clean.. and you can take in your own food.. hey, that's a big plus for me... dh

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

The Schliterbahn in Galveston is supposed to masquerade the lines and the wait by having you float from one attraction to the next. The way I understand it, you don't have to get out of your tube. I've not been to the one there, so it'll be great to hear a first hand account.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

hitowr

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Have fun!!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

The one in S. Padre lets you float from slide to slide but not the one in Galveston, at least not yet. Was just there last week. Nice park - get there when they first open at 10 a.m. By lunchtime it is packed so it is more fun and more slow paced early. Yes you can take your food and drink in coolers. Just leave it on a table - nobody bothers it. If you don't take your own food ............. not much to offer. Papa Johns pizza, a bbq place, hot dog/burger place and that's it. One place is upstairs by the locker rentals where you can get food and alcohol (dine in only) and usually has only one very grumpy employee working in there trying to do both food and drinks.

Overall nice, clean park, nice clientele.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

hitowr

So how was it?

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

hitowr

So did you go this past weekend?

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Trip to Schlitter was awesome.. even for us old ladies.. It was clean and we did not have to wait long.. until 3pm that is, when the park cuts it's prices.. i'd suggest getting out around that time,, way too crowded... We took a big picnic.. lots and lots of tables under palaypa's and we never had to look for a chair or tube.. I'd strongly suggest taking in your own food and drinks.. ( can't take in booze, beer is $6). The lazy river runs the length of the park and is very nice.. the White Water was so much fun, lost my suglasses.... IF it does rain, there is an area that has a retractable roof that closes.. WE arrived at 0930 when it opens.. like i said, there were 17 of us ladies and we all loved it.... until around 3p when it was time to leave.. the young crowd of Galveston decended on us..ha...Your kids will love it.. Have fun.... dh

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Thanks so much for the info. We are going for sure now!!!

A couple of questions for you.

Did you bring in an ice chest for your food?

And does the park let you?

Are you able just to leave it anywhere?

No problem with anyone touching your stuff?

Is the concrete rough - did you need water socks?

Thanks again

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Yes you can bring a cooler with food and drinks (no alcohol).

Picnic tables everywhere - you can just leave it on one of those, nobody bothers it.

Go when they open at 10 a.m. - it is the least crowded -- gets packed around 2 or 3 p.m.

I'd advise water socks - pavement is very hot when walking through park. Concrete not rough on lazy river but can be on white water and some of the other slides.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schlitterbahn in Galveston

Thanks for all the info - we can't wait to go.