We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get there

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
How to get there

Hi, I will be flying over from Scotland to catch a cruise in Galveston. It appears that I may have to fly in to Houston. Could anyone give me some advice on the best way to get from Houston to Galveston using public transport, as I am not very good driving on the right. How far is it and how long would it take, would really appreciate a few replies. Is it possible to fly, would the distance be to short.

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get there

I noticed this question has been asked - and answered - several times before on this forum, Herc.

If you type in "houston to galveston" in the search box just above, you'll get a lot of good info.

Of course, one of the locals will probably give you an update on the best course of action. :)

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get there

There are 2 airports in Houston. Bush Intercontinental is on the north side and does most service, from international places. Hobby is on the south side and closer to Galveston. I would imagine you will arrive at Bush and Galveson is about a 1 1/2 hr drive from Bush.

A word of caution though...double check that your cruise leaves from the port of Galveston, not the port of Houston. Some people have had problems in the past, as these are not the same places

There are several companies that offer shuttle services to Galveston and the port area.

Galveston.com has listings of some shuttle companies.

Welcome to Texas!

3. Re: How to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:20