We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Front Hotels or Resorts???

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Front Hotels or Resorts???

I can not find a place to stay that is actually on the beach and not across the huge highway....I've only found the Islander East and I can't get them to send me pictures of the rooms...This is for a One Year Wedding Anniversary...would like to drink & enjoy lots of time on the beach - any help would be great! Thank you so much!!!

Kendra

Blauvelt, NY
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Front Hotels or Resorts???

I have not been there yet, but am going on October 1, 2005 for a week - The Galvestonian Condos-they are directly on the beach. The website is http://www.galvesonian.com. Good Luck

Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Front Hotels or Resorts???

You can't get pictures of all the rooms at the Islander East because they are individually owned condominiums, each decorated by the owner. The same is true at the Galvestonion. You can, however, see virtual tours of representative rooms at the Islander East at Islandereast.com. You won't regret staying at this quiet condo tower directly on the beach.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Front Hotels or Resorts???

try www.galveston.com/seascape

We recently stayed here as it was the only place directly on the beach. The condos are individually owned, but there are pictures of all of them on there website, by unit number. Ask lots of questions if the pictures don't tell you. The main thing, if you plan to cook in, is the kitchen details. Some do not have ovens, only toaster ovens. Some have limited counter space, others lots of counter space. Some really need to be repainted and updated, while others look really nice.

Your only other options really are beach houses, but even they are sometimes a block or two from the beach.

galveston.com has a lot of good info.