We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-cruise activities in Galveston

Big Sky, Montana
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-cruise activities in Galveston

We are cruising out of Galveston in October. I would like to spend a day in Galveston before we get on the ship. It looks like Moody Gardens is closed, what would be the best thing to do for a few hours and where should we stay the night before?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-cruise activities in Galveston

Bishops Palace and Moody Mansion have tours and are very interesting.

Moody Gardens is open everyday. You may have been looking at their summer hours. But they are open year round.

Any hotel along the seawall, or even the elegant Tremont House on The Strand will be fine. Depends upon your budget, really.

Big Sky, Montana
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-cruise activities in Galveston

Do you have any suggestions on how to get to Galveston from Houston? We are flying in to Houston-Bush and arrive at 9pm. I'd love to get to Galveston and spend the night. My dream day would be to wake up in Galveston, have a great seafood Sunday Buffet Breakfast, take a walk on a nice beach and walk right on to the cruise ship at the last minute possible. Is this just a dream?

3. Re: Pre-cruise activities in Galveston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Galveston