We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Seafood

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,098 posts
442 reviews
Save Topic
Good Seafood

Coming to Houston in October to visit daughter and her husband and will go down to Galveston for the day. Where is a good place to eat seafood for dinner? Thanks

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Seafood

Gumbo Bar is really good, so is Gaidos. Fish Tales and Fisherman's Wharf not as good as you'd think.

happy eating!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,098 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Seafood

Thanks. The last time we were there in Feb. we ate at Millers Seawall Seafood and it was very good so just wanted to try something different.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Seafood

Saltwater Grill is very good as well. And if you want a good burger, we love The Spot.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Seafood

Black Pearl Oyster Bar has great grilled fish tacos. I'm not a Gaidos fan, Landry's had really good bacon wrapped shrimp but the shrimp platter was just so so but great view! I like Saltwater Grill but it's not your usual seafood menu. I love Rudy and Paco's but it's not your usual seafood menu-check them out to see if they sound good to you first. The Spot has great shrimp kisses and good burgers with a great view. My favorite place on island is Mosquito Cafe, they have different daily specials in addition to their usual menu and their bakery items are fabulous.

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Seafood

Go to the Stringree on Crystal Beach . It about a 10 mile drive -- great food at a good price. Not a dress up kinda place.

6. Re: Good Seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 01:19