We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer rental

Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
summer rental

I am looking for an inexpensive place for my kids to rent for 1-2 weeks this summer. We normally just stay in a hotel, but.I would rather be home this summer. It doesn't have to be fancy. A clean on the water fishing shack would be ideal. Safety and inexpensive and on the water are the priorities. Can you help?

Texas
Level Contributor
532 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer rental

try out these sites:

vrbo.com

sandandsea.com

absearesorts.com

We always rent either a condo or house...ditched hotels long ago. We've rented through management companies and owners, and if you are able to put down a security deposit (usually a cc will work, they just hold the number and don't charge unless there is actual damage) then direct by owner is our preference and often is the best per night rate. Was in a condo on seawall during Easter, rented direct from owner, and got a unit that slept 6 with kitchen and balcony for less than a low to mid level hotel.

have fun!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: summer rental

Sea Scapes Condos are really nice and on their own beach. check each units amenities, as they can all be different.

3. Re: summer rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:18