We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo with pool for multiple families

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Condo with pool for multiple families

Hi,

We're looking to visit Galveston for 3-4 nights on the last week of July. This will be our first time. We are 4 families, 8 adults and 9 kids. Swimming pool is a must for the kids. Can you please recommend a condo to stay, if we can all stay in one unit that would be great if not 2 units would be ideal (so 2 families can share a unit).

Thanks!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

We've done this at Seascape Condos, 4 families in 2 units, and it worked great. The condo is on the west end of Galveston, so you are a bit isolated, but drive about 15-20 minutes and you'll be in the action.

The units are all set up a bit differently, especially the kitchen amenities, so make certain the unit you pick meets your needs.

There is a nice pool and a private beach for residents/guests only, so that is a plus!

I think the sleeping arrangements are normally a king/queen in each bedroom with bunks in the hallway, some may have sleeper sofas, too.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

I agree with the above post - Seascape is great, all individually owned, property very well maintained. You would want 2 two bedroom units - the kids can all fit in bunk beds or on the pull out couches. Units #1309 and #2109 are two that my family has stayed in, and we were very pleased.

*Edited to add that these two units are not adjoining. If that is important to you, be sure to ask when you book for two units next to each other.

Edited: 25 May 2012, 03:44
Texas
Level Contributor
532 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

check out: absearesorts.com or vrbo.com

i have rented through both of these....what makes sea scapes unique is it is right on the beach, whereas most others are on seawall and you have to cross the blvd or drive to get a decent beach of sand.

newer properties include diamond beach condos - great pools and lazy river, but not so great beach (I have heard little to none) and on the east end, the Galvestonian condos, which are night, also private beach and they rake they seaweed, which is a plus.

have fun!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

Thanks for the feedback! I checked out Seascape at vrbo.com but they don't have any more 2 BR units available for our dates.

Maravilla condos still have some available units, would you recommend this one too?

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

Try calling Seascape directly ~ 409-740-1245

Texas
Level Contributor
532 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

I have stayed at Maravilla and rented a very nice unit directly from owner. They have 2 pools. It's an older property but completely fine for a few days away with kids. Not the best, certainly not the worst. Call and ask if they will be performing any cleaning or maintenance before you book...we arrived one summer and the large pool was closed for cleaning, but the lagoon pool was still open.

7. Re: Condo with pool for multiple families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:41