We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Galvez hauntings

Level Contributor
69 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Galvez hauntings

Anyone heard of any paranormal experiences here? Had some friends that stayed on the fifth floor and said they had some weird things go on in their room. Fan shutting off and on and some knocking on the closet door throughout the night.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Galvez hauntings

Yes, that hotel is haunted and the 5th floor is where the action is.

I found this story, sure there are more out there. It would be fun to look on the hotel reviews here also to see if anyone has mentioned them.

The Tremont Hotel is also haunted along with lots of other places on the island. Take one of the haunted tours the island offers.

East Bernard, Texas
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Galvez hauntings

I heard the women's restroom in the lobby of the Galvez is haunted, but haven't been there myself yet.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Galvez hauntings

Hotel Galvez has extended its ghost tour, typically reserved for guests, to the public now included as part of a dinner buffet in Bernardo’s Restaurant. Guests can enjoy a one-hour ghost tour of the hotel followed by dinner on Wednesdays and Thursdays in October plus Halloween. Tour participants will join Hotel Concierge Jackie Hasan who will lead a tour using an electromagnetic field detector and infrared thermometer to conduct a paranormal investigation of Hotel Galvez. Advance reservations are required.

Schedule & details here:

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Galvez hauntings

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Galvez last weekend. We stayed on the third floor and did notice some odd occurances. Every night we heard music, and after calling the desk to complain they said the "hotel music can't be heard from the rooms." None of the hotels pens worked, some of my photos had black blobs that weren't there when I took the photos. I can't speak for the ghost tours because the one we took had a horrible guide, but I will say the staff at the Galvez fully believe in their eternal guests!

5. Re: Hotel Galvez hauntings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 07:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question