We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shrimp Take Out

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
54 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Shrimp Take Out

Is there a good place in Galveston where you can buy fresh shrimp and they will steam, season, and ice it so you can take it to the beach or motel?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shrimp Take Out

Go to Pier 19 down on the Strand and you will find two seafood markets. They are Katie's Seafood and Samson and Sons. I've used these two for years and can vouch that they have good, fresh, seafood straight off the boat. They are not upscale in any sense of the word, but small warehouse type operations. They will pack your seafood in ice for traveling. I've never asked about steaming, so not sure. They usually have live crab, several sizes of shrimp, and a large assortment of fresh fish and a small selection of shrimp boil, cocktail sauce and not much else.

They are next to where the fishing charters depart, and parking can be tight, but drive down the small road to the right of Pier 19 and you can find free parking.

Edited: 09 November 2012, 16:21
Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
54 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shrimp Take Out

Thank you. Both sound like my kind of place. As my name implies, I am not much into upscale.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shrimp Take Out

http://sampsonseafood.com/

As you can see, upscale is not really in their vocabulary :))

4. Re: Shrimp Take Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 10:17