We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

louisiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

hello,

my family and I are leaving for a cruise in june. we are wanting to stay at a nice hotel with a decent price. i have been reading alot of reviews and it seems that galveston is not a safe city. i have 2 kides so i want a safe hotel but not pay $200.00 for just 1 night. does anyone know about the ramada inn, how is that hotel? any suggestions would be appreciated. also, there are alot of hotels that will not accept a 1 night rental.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

Try Gaido's Inn on the seawall - it gets mixed reviews but I've heard that they allow cruisers to leave their cars parked at the hotel free during a short cruise -- you'd probably have to ask to be sure

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

Sorichard,

Check out this link to www.Galveston.com, it says that if you book on-line through them that many hotels are offering specials for pre-cruisers so perhaps this site can help find you decent accomodations for one night.

http://www.galveston.com/specialoffers/

Texas
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

Commodore on the Beach! Not fancy, but clean and fun. Rooms might be too small for 4, though.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

Regarding the two night minimum, if you are not already doing so, call the hotels directly instead of using their 800 reservations number or looking online.

I am booked for one night only at Casa del Mar. They do have a stated two night minimum, but when I phoned directly I was able to reserve just one night. Good luck to you!

louisiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

greeneyes,

is it 1 night on a weekend or weekday? i think they only allow 1 night on a weekeday. let me know and i will try calling.

thanks

Beggs, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

hi!

I have stayed at the Days Inn just off the interstate when we were going on our 1st cruise. We liked it. It wasn't fancy. At the time, they would let you leave your vehicle there if you were going on a cruise(if you drove there). That was one of the main reasons we stayed there, plus we got a discount for being AAA members. So if you are driving and want a plus to leave your car, other than at the terminal, then I would check there.

17. Re: nice inexpensive hotel to stay before cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 19:17