We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juneteenth??

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Juneteenth??

I was just reading that this celebration begins on June 8-19. I will be on vacay the 9th thru 14th and did not know this was going on. Does anyone know if it will be busy the entire time or just on the weekends?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juneteenth??

Never been to this, but would think weekends would be worse.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juneteenth??

From what I've heard, the entire island gets inundated with people celebrating the holiday, PARTICULARLY on the weekends. It's a good place to avoid unless you like huge crowds (somewhat like Mardi Gras in NOLa).

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juneteenth??

I have not seen any difference in crowds during Juneteenth from any other summer weekend. That being said, crowds are larger than I've ever seen them in the nine years I've been here - but it's because Galveston just keeps getting better. The Pleasure Pier is bringing in huge numbers, as well as other new attractions, tours, etc.

If your vacation is the 9th through the 14th, you'll be here during the week, and it won't be so crazy. Enjoy the Island :)

4. Re: Juneteenth??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:16