We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

We are coming to Galveston in August for a 3 day stay. I have booked a hotel for Sunday and Monday nights but were unable to get the same hotel for Saturday. I was thinking of maybe staying somewhere else the first night, perhaps Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook. Does anyone have any opinions about these places, things to do, where to stay? Thanks!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Texas City is the closest to Galveston, but really isn't a tourist town. If you could find a decent motel there, you could really almost commute to Galveston from there.

Seabrook and Kemah are pretty much separated by a bridge. Kemah has a lot of restaurants (mostly owned by one person, at least on their boardwalk), an amusement park, tourist shops, etc. Seabrook is more individual individually-owned restaurants and bars.

Having never stayed at any of the hotels down there, I couldn't recommend one, but you could do a search by using the "Hotels" tab on the green bar above. Others may recommend specific places to stay.

Have fun!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Why not a different hotel in Galveston?

Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

We have been to Galveston many times, I was just wanting to see if there was anything else in the area that is worth seeing.

Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Keemah or Clear Lake will offer you the best choices of hotels and things to do/see/eat.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Texas City isn't much of a tourist destination. Not much to do there. Kemah is a tourist destination (the Kemah Boardwalk) but there aren't many decent hotels in Kemah except at the very expensive Kemah Boardwalk. Seabrook is just across the bridge from Kemah (5 minutes) and has several national chain hotels on NASA Parkway. If you want a great local food experience try T-Bone Tom's in Kemah. I eat lunch there at least once a week. Best chicken fried steak anywhere. Most evenings they have a band that cranks up around 6/7 pm. If you're in the area and have time Space Center Houston is only 10 minutes north of Seabrook.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

Kemah Boardwalk Inn is a good choice but it is expensive on a Sat - about double the rate of a Sun or Mon. I have heard od some B&B in the general area.

8. Re: Kemah, Texas City or Seabrook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21