We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pointe West

Brenham, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Pointe West

Looking at Pointe West area for a mini-vaca of two families with children. Any tips, condo locations, etc. appreciated. Never stayed on this end of the island & thought it might be nice & relaxing with the kiddos....away from the town traffic. We love the outdoors, beach, swimming, fishing, boating, etc. Thanks in advance for the tips!

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
198 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pointe West

Hi TexasSunshine16,

I think you will like Pointe West and the West End. Keep in mind that you will be about 30 minutes from the end of the Seawall. It is located right before the toll booth at San Louis Pass so bring your groceries with you! If you need anything while you are there, Seven Seas at Jamaica Beach has a great little grocery store and good produce. They make their own BBQ sandwiches too which we love. Nate's is next door and has great food. Get there early. Sea Isle has it's own Sandbar and Restaurant too and the kids are welcome. You can drive on the beach at the entrance near the water tower before Pointe West. The sunsets are beautiful over the bay at Sunset Pointe. You can get spectacular pictures. I have never stayed there but it looks really nice. Our beach house is close by. Have fun and let us know if you have questions! The seaweed has been bad so hopefully they have scraped it up to the dunes. Have fun!

Brenham, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pointe West

Thanks so much for your tips. I will keep all this in mind. We knew it was a ways from town but that's ok. I think the kids will enjoy that area just getting to relax and play on the beach. Would you suggest any other condos or beach houses in that area? I also have heard that the seaweed has been bad. They say they clean the beaches at Pointe West. I hope so. Thanks again for your tips. I appreciate it.

Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pointe West

Even though I'm an east islander, I agree that Pointe West is a great property. Just like all owner rented condos, there are huge variations from unit to unit. If you are renting from some place like VRBO, be sure to read renter reviews. They will give you a good idea of the quality of furnishings and responsiveness of the owner. I could have swore their HOA has implemented a new fee to renters for using the pool and facilities. Be sure to ask about that. Seems like it was either $25 per unit or person which would be a big difference for two families. Check for how close to the ocean you are for better views and distance from pool with regards to walking. Pointe West covers a large area geographically. While you are there, you have to come and visit the east end of the island.... Apparently a huge secret to most people.

Brenham, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pointe West

Thanks Dougocam, for your tips! I appreciate it! We will definitely check out the East end on one of these trips. Any suggestions on places to stay on the East end? Thanks!

Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pointe West

There is the Galvestonian where I own plus have a rental unit and Palisaide Palms. There is another building on the beach nearby, but I think it is poorly run.

Brenham, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pointe West

Have looked at the Galvestonian & it looks really nice. We will for sure have to check into it for our next trip to Galveston. Thanks!

7. Re: Pointe West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16