We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Of Year & Where To Stay

Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Time Of Year & Where To Stay

My family and I are so excited to be planning a trip to this little gem of a town! I can't believe how close it is to Dallas and all the charm it has to offer. I am sure this is just one of MANY posts I will be asking as I start to narrow down our trip. We are thinking about going the end of April before school lets out and kids get out of school. How is it there this time of year? Can you play in the river with little ones? I am a river rat all the way but am used to the Comal, Frio & Guadalupe river. I know this is not a tube float type but more shallow wade and that's what we are wanting with two little kids. Where is the BEST place to stay with (by then) an almost 4 year old and almost 10 month old? I love all of the cabins and B&B's I saw online but can't pick. I would LOVE to stay on or by the river so I don't have to pack/carry gear just walk back and forth as we need things (unless the place is just 2 nice to pass up or river 2 cold to play in). I like at least one separate bedroom so I can put kids down for a nap. I want Very clean and nice lodging and breakfast is a plus but not a must, reasonably priced of course. We plan on staying 3 nights maybe thurs-sat to try and fit in all Glen Rose has to offer! All suggestions are welcome!

Shawna

5 replies to this topic
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time Of Year & Where To Stay

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55902-i1742-k5244…

The BW did have a seperate bedroom

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time Of Year & Where To Stay

Big Rock park near the town center is the best place for wading in the river. Or at Dinosaur Valley St Park near the main tracks.

Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time Of Year & Where To Stay

what does the water feel like end of April?

Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time Of Year & Where To Stay

I was thinking more of a cabin or B&B

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time Of Year & Where To Stay

You can wade in April. Don't think you'll want to swim; unless it's a hot day. I have been in May and the water was fine for swimming - in the Brazos and Paluxy - they are murky and probably not what you want to immerse your body into. Wading at Big Rock Park, the water is clear.

We have stayed at Fossil Rim a couple of times and enjoy it. You'll need to stay in the Lodge there with smaller kids. Some B&Bs/cabins do not allow kids, fyi.

Reply to: Time Of Year & Where To Stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glen Rose
Recent Conversations