We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grapevine Winery Tour?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
30 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Grapevine Winery Tour?

I will be going to a conference in October this year at the Gaylord Texan. We will be there for a week, and will be looking for other things to do, outside the resort.

I noticed there are a number of wineries in the area, and wondered if anyone could make a recommendation about a tour? Or which ones to focus one for visiting?

Thanks!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grapevine Winery Tour?

If you go to www.grapevinetexasusa.com, you go to the map section and there is a printable map that lists the 7 wineries with tasting rooms in the Grapevine area. 5 of them are downtown within walking/driving distane of each other. Delaney is a little further down the road (pretty cool place though) and La Bodega is actually in one of the terminals at DFW airport.

Seeing the 5 downtown is a fun little day trip.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
30 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grapevine Winery Tour?

Thanks poodleone, will check that out!

Wimberley, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grapevine Winery Tour?

Homestead winery is my favorite, as it is in a house on Worth St a block off Main to the east. Across the street is Esparza's, home of the absolute best Margarita in DFW. Food is OK, but frozen or not, the drinks are heads above all. John and Trish at Homestead Winery are very helpful and I love their wines.

4. Re: Grapevine Winery Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 22:19