We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Grapevine late April, what to do in the area?

San Diego
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming to Grapevine late April, what to do in the area?

I'll be at a conference at the Gaylord and will want to do some sightseeing if possible. I love live music, good food, and wine (and micro-brews). I understand there are a number of wineries in the area so that's one thing. But was thinking I should pop over to Dallas or Fort Worth since I'll be in the area. I would really love to see Austin but I think that'll be a trip unto itself at another time. So if I only have a limited time, where should I go? Dallas or Fort Worth and what is a must see or do? Any uniquely Texas food that I should definately try? I'm from San Diego so I'm pretty familiar with Mexican food, although I know Tex-Mex is different. I will likely be by myself, a fairly adventurous 40 something female who isn't easily intimidated, but I want to be safe.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Austin
Austin
Texas
Texas
Texas
United States
San Diego
San Diego
California
dallas, texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Grapevine late April, what to do in the area?

There are a number of EXCELLENT wineries in Grapevine. Most of them offer tastings everyday and are priced very well. I suggest going to this website, it has far more info than I. Hope this helps you out!

www.guidelive.com

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Coming to Grapevine late April, what to do in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:19