We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minute Maid Park best seating?

4 posts
Save Topic
Minute Maid Park best seating?

We are coming over next summer from New Zealand, have no idea about baseball really but would love to take our kids to a game. Would appreciate advice on best seats (and any other info)Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

Jacinda-

Kia ora! Here is a link to the seating chart: https:/…seating-chart (If you just click behind the request for your email address, the full seating chart will become visible.)

Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes the best seat, but most Americans generally would probably prefer to sit generally from Sections 109-132, as these seats are closest to the field and are reasonably close to or inside the infield. Having said that, the sections directly above those (i.e., those starting with a "2" would also be very good seats. Many people prefer to sit in Sections 100-104 (known as the "Crawford Boxes" in the hopes of catching a home run ball, or in sections 152-154 (for the same reason). The "prime" seats will be more expensive, and prices also vary by the quality of the opposition--the better the team we face, the higher the price will be. Food at the stadium is generally good (typical American and TexMex snack-type foods), but is not inexpensive.

If you're staying in a Downtown hotel, the stadium probably won't be too long a walk, or you can take an Uber to get there if the heat is too much. (In August, temperatures typically run in the high 90's daily, and we've hit 100 F a couple of times this week. That's roughly 35-38 C).

Here's a web site that may answer most of your questions: …mlb.com/hou/ballpark/information/index.jsp…

Let us know if you have more questions.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
742 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

While I agree with GeneT's assessment of the best seats at minute maid park I would suggest that you at least consider the cheap seats as well, not only because experience has taught me that some people unfamiliar with the game, my English cousins for example, do not share my warm feelings for it and are ready to leave by the third inning. In other cases, especially early this year, the games have been such blowouts that even I have departed after seven. You can get seats for $11 that are actually pretty good and if you really want to get a closer view moving down to the good seats is often possible after a few innings.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,687 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

Good thoughts from both Houstonians. I concur that the "cheap seats" can be good value although I do remember watching Game 4 of the 2005 World Series from the upper regions of the park (400's level) and feeling quite removed from the game itself. I would suggest you try to sit near field level just to be able to truly see and hear the game. Outfield seats in the 100's or 200's are not expensive for example. I would not suggest you sit in the 400's because you will not get a live game experience.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

Thanks for all your advice. I have fond memories of a Giants game at Candlestick park in my late teens,made so memorable by my American friends and their enthusiasm for the game (not to mention beers and a lot of heckling of the poor outfielder). This time we have kids in tow so the early exit strategy has already crossed my mind! However if the crowd is excited about the game then so will we be. Looking forward to our trip,we love the US

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

Thanks for such thorough information about the park and the links,very helpful. Also for the general info. We are heading to LA and MS afterwards so a bit of heat Houston will hopefully help with acclimatising before we go south in July...

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minute Maid Park best seating?

Jacinda--

FWIW Minute Maid Park is usually air-conditioned because of Houston's extreme heat, so you should be comfortable throughout the game. (Walking to and from your parking spot is another story altogether...)

Welcome to Houston!

Mentioned in this post
Minute Maid Park
Minute Maid Park
2,674 Reviews
Houston, TX
Houston's
Houston's
354 Reviews
Houston, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Reply to: Minute Maid Park best seating?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Houston