We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

Hi all, I just canceled my UA mileage plus Visa and still have the 2 one-time new passes to the lounge. These 2 new passes are given when my membership was renewed. But since I cancelled my UA Visa, I figure they will be voided. However, per the phone rep who handled the cancellation of my credit card, she said I could still use these. My flight next week to EZE is at 9:45 pm and it's a 10 hours flight. Should I try to redeem it at United Club? I'm only a silver elite which is literally nothing. Oh, I'm aware that the one in terminal E is temporarily close til Oct. TIA!

Houston CityPASS
47 Reviews
from US$59.00*
Free Cancellation
NASA's Space Center Houston and City...
182 Reviews
from US$79.95*
Free Cancellation
Houston Sightseeing Tour and...
28 Reviews
from US$98.95*
Free Cancellation
12 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
820 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

If you are on a United flight, and the expiration date is still good, then they will be honored.

Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

Thanks! Yup, on UA flight to EZE and they expire in 2018!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

I'm not sure if anyone on a travel advice forum, can give you a definitive answer. And even if we did, how would that work when you actually showed up. My advice is to show up and ask. My guess it that it would be accepted. If not, you can always pay for one-time access if it's important to you.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

Agree with bk_11--no one on this forum will be able to say with any certainty what the United employee manning the entrance desk to the lounge will do. Sounds like you should be good to get in, but the only way to know for sure is to try. Good luck.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
742 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

You will get into the lounge using your passes even if the credit card is no longer active.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

Great. Looking forward to it!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

All They ask for is what.flight out of IAH you're.on...and that is so that they can put your flight alert up on the board. Being a United Card holder has nothing to do with entering as long as you have a pass that is within expiration. You can walk uo, pay $50 and get access. Its not a "private" club.. I did this many times on long layovers before buying a membership when I was flying a lot for work.

Don't stress. It's easy :)

Mentioned in this post
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
George Bush...
Houston, TX
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

<All They ask for is what.flight out of IAH you're.on...>

Actually this is incorrect. Nowadays, same day boarding passes are required to gain access, even for United Club members. But, OP said they would have this.

Mentioned in this post
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
George Bush...
Houston, TX
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

That is what I meant BK_t1. Geesh!!!!

And since we're getting so technical, they have asked for a picture ID.

But to my original point....when they ask for your boarding pass..aka. the flight you are on, it is so that they cab put your flight on the departure board to help you keep track up gate changes, delays, etc....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH

All, I was able to get in by showing my boarding pass as well as the one-time club pass for the lounge near C33. But I have to say the club (food/drinks) offering was disappointing. There were some salads, clam chowder, crackers/cheese, brownies, bananas, coffee/tea and wines. There were plenty of hot food items, many types of non-alcoholic and alcohol drinks in HKG and NRT. Just saying...

Reply to: United club lounge in terminal C at IAH
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted