We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

Just wondering if the Uptown Hotel and Suites (former Holiday Inn) at 7787 Katy Freeway still exists. I am having trouble finding information about the hotel and it is no longer listed in the Hotel & Travel Index, leading me to believe that the hotel may have closed. I know that the hotel went bankrupt not too long ago, which is why it lost its Holiday Inn franchise and became the Uptown Hotel. If anyone knows anything, please let me know. Thanks!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

I do not show this hotel in our phone book, nor any other hotel listed at this address.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

Thanks for the quick reply. I am pretty sure that the hotel has closed and will ask to have its listing removed if that is the case. (I don't know why the Crowne Plaza at 6701 S Main Street is still being listed, as it closed in December 2005).

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

You mention the Hotel & Travel Index, are you a travel agent? I used to be one. It is frustrating when information is not kept up to date, especially this travel information.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

No, I am not a travel agent but have access to the Hotel & Travel Index. I do get frustrated about information not being up to date, which is why I often send Trip Advisor updates about hotels closing or changing names. Sometimes I just cannot seem to find any information, which is why I use this forum to ask about hotels that might be closed. If you wouldn't mind doing so, would you look and see if there are any other hotels listed that are closed (besides this one and the Crowne Plaza) or have recently changed names when you get a chance?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

The Hotel Sofitel is now a Crowne Plaza. The Spring Lodge, in Spring, recently half burned and is now closed.

These are the only 2 I know of at this time. Will keep my eyes open and report as needed.

Thanks for keeping things updated. As you know, hotel are constantly changing hands.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

I was just looking at an aerial view of the area on local.live.com and the hotel appears when looking at the area in aerial view but when I go to bird's eye view, the only thing showing is a vacant plot of land. I think that it is safe to say that the hotel is demolished and no longer exists. There is also another hotel to the west that looks like it has also been demolished. The only hotels appearing when I do the bird's eye view are the Best Western and the Ramada down the street.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

The Best Western has become a Holiday Inn Express since the picture was taken. I believe that the other hotel that has been demolished was the Wellesley Inn at 7855 Katy Freeway.

8. Re: Holiday Inn/Uptown Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 12:18