We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Pedicure Downtown

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A Pedicure Downtown

Hi all -

I come to Houston for business a lot and stay mostly downtown. Usually I'm in and out in a day or two so I've yet to really explore the area beyond my business needs.

Since my travels are not likely to change, I'd like to get to know a bit more of the city and find some local places for meals and relaxation. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place for a manicure and pedicure? I'm not talking about the $80 one you get in hotel solons or spas, I'm talking about the one 90% of women get from little local nail shops.

Are there any near the Hyatt or Four Seasons?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

Oh , and where (and what name) is the closest movie theater?

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

The closest movie theatre is the Angelika which is downtown on the North end of town.

You can probably find a nail salon in Midtown - just on the outskirts of downtown - on the other side of the Pierce Elevated section of the Freeway. If not there, then a short drive down West Gray should also find you one.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

you might also look in the tunnel downtown for a nail salon.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

www.houstonmidtown.com/midtown.cfm…

www.houstondowntown.com/home/default.asp

some links for midtown and downtown

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

Thank you most kindly!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
477 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

my girlfriend goes to Isle Pedispa off of Kirby. She loves it and so do all of my female friends. It does cost a little more, but it's worth every cent.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

If you have a car....This place is about 10-15 mins from downtown & has the nicest ladies and best price in town. $20 for a combined manicure/pedicure, they have big cushy chairs and portable water tubs. It's near my office & I go almost every week. They're always packed and have 10+ ladies working, but never make me wait more than 10-15 minutes. May be good to call ahead and make appointment. They have good gossip magazines here so the time goes by quick.

Leon Nails

3933 Richmond Ave

Houston, TX 77027

713) 355-8848

I also go here, if I want the spa mani/pedi fo $30. There they have the massage chair and even give you a neck massage. Here they keep the TV on to help the time pass.

Instyle Nails

4001 Richmond Ave

Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 621-4777

8. Re: A Pedicure Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:19