We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 1/2 days in Houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 1/2 days in Houston

We will be arriving in Houston May 23rd at around 9 or 10 pm and leaving on May 26th around 2 pm.

We already have a full schedule planned but are trying to decide on which water park to go to. My husband and I are 25 and 27 years old and have a 4 year old son. This is going to be memorial day weekend so I'm not sure how nightmareish it is going to be. We will be going on a saturday. Any recommendations on a water park? My husband had wanted to go to Schlitterbahn in Galveston. With us being on a time crunch, I'm not sure if it would be beneficial to drive a hour away just for a water park.

We are also looking for good places to eat around the Houston area that are family friendly.

Any tips or recommendations is much appreciated! Thanks!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

Well another waterpark is Splashtown in Spring which would be a shorter drive for you (depending upon where you are staying). Houston is very spread out - what part of town will you be staying in? It won't be nightmarish over Memorial Day - we really aren't a tourist city and there isn't any sort of special event going on, so you should be good.

Try some Tex-Mex food - Ninfas, Pappasitos are local chains but family friendly. Pappasitos seems to be everyone's favorite - to me it is average. I prefer Cyclone Anayas food but it really doesn't seem like much of a family place - more of a night out place. Cantina Laredo at Westheimer/Wilcrest is good.

Louisiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

Thanks! We are staying at the Staybridge Suites - Houston West on Eldrige Pkwy. We had to stay further out because most of the hotels were booked that we wanted to stay in next to the Galleria.

I saw Splashtown and thought that would be a great idea also.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

I agree with Texas7...with kids...Tex Mex is the way to go. We have two young kids and eat a lot of Tex Mex...the restaurants tend to be lively and fairly quick but not fast food. They also have good food options for kids. Plus the parents can enjoy some yummy margaritas..everyone is happy! ;)

In addition to the other recommendations I would put Lupe Tortilla on the top of your list. They several locations around town... (including one on the way to Galveston, also 59 near Kirby and one on 1-10 and Hwy 6...there are more). They have an sandboxes with toys for kids to play on while you are waiting for your table....very good margaritas and the best beef fajitas in town.

Also good...Guadalajara as a possiblity as well; several locations

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

Just saw your post on where you will be staying...go to the Lupe's on Grisby. It is right there at I-10 and Hwy 6. You will not be disappointed. But do expect a wait....they do not take reservations but that is where the sandbox and margaritas come in handy. ;) Order the beef fajitas!!

Katy, Tx
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

Goode&CO BBQ must go for the cowboy decor & of coarse the BBQ, the one by 1-10 & Kirby.

6. Re: 2 1/2 days in Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 04:19