We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Gustav

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Gustav

I have a flight on Monday to London and I have to change planes in Houston. With Gustav possibly on track to hit Texas, any advice about what I can do to avoid getting delayed? Continental hasn't named the Houston airport as one they are re-routing away from yet, so I can't change my ticket without incurring a massive change fee. Any suggestions?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Gustav

You should be okay on Monday even if it comes this way. We are heading out on Tue and I too have called Co and watching the weather. Based on everything it will hit shore (Tx or La) Tue AM.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Gustav

Thanks Kingwood. I decided to change my itinerary and now I'm booked out of Seattle on British Airways flying non-stop to Heathrow. So I'll avoid the area all together. I sure hope you won't have any trouble with your flights and my heart goes out to all those people around the gulf coast as they face this new hurricane.

3. Re: Hurricane Gustav

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 12:20