We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Hello,

I am flying from Denver to Mexico City next week connecting through IAH...I just realized that my layover time is only 38 minutes. I am flying Continental all the way, flying on a weekday evening.

Barring any weather or other unforeseen delays, is there any way I can make the connecting flight in Houston to Mexico City with this amount of time or have I lost my mind? Continental tells me that this is a pretty normal connection and there will be other passengers making this same connection...but I have my doubts.

How about my luggage? Will it make it? I'm thinking I better have a change of clothes in my carry-on just in case...

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
419 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

As long as Continental considers this a 'legal' connection, you will have a very good chance of making the flight. if not, they will be responsible for getting you on a plane to MEX. These flights are numerous, so relax. I just had a similar layover in Dulles, and it was like a nonstop flight in that I was only on the ground about 45 minutes...

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Thanks IN25! That's what I like to hear!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

If you are ready to make your transfer there shouldn't be much of a problem if your flight is on time. I see there are 8 flights to Mexico City a day. Three of them are on 737's and the rest are ERJ's. The 737's are going to leave out of C or E and the connection will be easy. If you are on one of the ERJ's (shown as continental express on your itinerary) you will have to transfer over to terminal B... longer effort but still not bad especially since there will be no need to leave the secure area... you can take the elevated train (not the one below the terminals) or the secure bus.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Hi S,

Always carry a change of clothes anyway! :) As it has been said here, the connection depends on where you land; at times, Continental may try to put the gates "close together", for connecting passengers. Gates are assigned the day of flight, so maybe check online, before you leave for the airport.

Good thing is, that if you miss that flight to Mexico City, they will roll you right on to the next one, and you probably won't have a long wait time.

Your luggage will probably make it fine. If you made your reservation through the airline's website, give them a call and let them know you are concerned about the close connection time-maybe they can help you.

Que le vaya bien!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

You should be fine. Make sure the bags are checked (at DEN) to your final destination and also get the boarding pass for both flights at DEN. All you have to do is to walk to the new gate and 38 minutes is more than enough. IAH is very used friendly. Coming back, since you have to do through customs and immigration - would have been another story.

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Thanks for all of the responses. Just an FYI, 38 minutes was plenty of time and our luggage made it too!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

Told you not to worry!! Have fun in Mexico.

8. Re: Denver to IAH w/ 38 minutes to connect to MEX, CRAZY??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 05:40