We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended stay hotel in Houston

Dallas, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Extended stay hotel in Houston

I need to stay in Houston next to the medical center (probably) for one month in August. I am concerned about all the negative reviews concerning cleanliness of the extended stay hotels in the area. Does anyone have any experience? I would like to know where to stay, not just "don't stay there" because there seem to be plenty of reviews like that out there making it very hard to choose. TIA -Eddie.

Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

check these out:

extendedstayhotels.com/hotels/houston-medica…

marriott.com/hotels/…

My advice is to call to speak to a manager about your extended stay. Tell them the circumstances and let them know you are more than willing to take your business elsewhere. They do want your business and may cut you a deal. You can even try this at regular hotels.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

If your stay has anything to do with a patient at the Medical Center - the hospital should be able to give you a lot of info. There are several other threads within this forum - but as say they are nothing more that reviews. Unfortunatley I have no personal experience. The one thing that I can add is that the hospitals are very helpful.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

Hi Eddie,

My husband and I stayed a week at a time, throughout the winter months, in a Staybridge Suites in Calgary, last year. It was wonderful--more like an apartment, the one bedroom suites have a nice little kitchen, and we were able to negotiate the price,when we called the hotel directly, as we were talking about quite a few weeks,as you are. Might not be one near the medical center, but well worth the drive.

Or maybe this might work--it seems close to the area you want to be in,but in a nice area, and offers a lot for the money!

http://www.vrbo.com/79548

Hope this helps you!

cc,

Cupcake

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

There is a Residence Inn by Marriott just south of the medical center, on N. Braeswood, I believe.

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

HELLO SIR,

my name is james

im the gm of the athens hotel in downtown houston .im writing you this email to speak to you if i may.all of the not so nice reviews about my hotel is untrue....they were all placed by a former employee that was fired ...and she knows we take pride in our trip advisor reviews,,,,so she placed these false reviews .

sir, i would like to offer you a special great rate on your trip to houston in august. ...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.ATHENSHOTELSUITES.COM/WE OFFER FULL KITCHENS IN EVERY ROOM,COFFEE MAKER,SNACKS,LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN HOUSTON,AND ONLY 5 MINS FROM THE TEXAS MED CENTER...

GIVE ME A CALL AND SPEAK WITH ME ABOUT YOUR STAY IN HOUSTON..

6. Re: Extended stay hotel in Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Houston