We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston Airport Layover Ideas

San Francisco
Level Contributor
135 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Houston Airport Layover Ideas

I'm coming from Las Vegas on to Cancun on Easter Sunday. I have 7 hour layover in Houston IAH. Any suggestions? I could stay at the airport but perhaps it would be worth leaving if anything is open.

Any idea on taxi costs for 5 mile journey - I may just go to the closest 24 hour fitness gym to workout if all else fails.

Dan in sF

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston Airport Layover Ideas

Max cab fare within zone 1 is like $30 something - but if only 5 miles my guess is less than $20.

Easter Sunday will be full of kids activities and eateries - one option might be to go to The Woodlands and hang out (if nice weather). The Woodlands is North of the airport and there is a big mall, riverwalk and more. I am sure there will be some activities going on - but the cab fare the hassle might not be worth it. The gym might be a better option.

2. Re: Houston Airport Layover Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 07:16